1. What has been your most rewarding accomplishment?
2. How would you describe yourself in terms of your ability to work as a member of a team?
3. How would you evaluate your ability to deal with conflict?
4. Have you ever had difficulty with a supervisor or instructor? How did you resolve the conflict? Tell me about a major problem you recently handled. Were you successful in resolving it?
5. Would you say that you can easily deal with high-pressure situations?
6. Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way?
7. Describe an instance when you had to think on your feet to extricate yourself from a difficult situation.
8. Give me a specific example of a time when you used good judgment and logic in solving a problem.
9. Convince me that you can adapt to a wide variety of people, situation.
10. Describe a time when you were faced with problems or stresses that tested your coping skills.
11. Tell me about a time in which you had to be quick in coming to a decision.
12. Give me a specific occasion in which you conformed to a policy with which you did not agree.
13. Give me an example of an important goal which you had set in the past and tell me about your success in reaching it.
14. Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.
15. Give me an example of a time when you were able to successfully communicate with another person even when that individual may not have personally liked you.
16. Sometimes it's easy to get in "over your head." Describe a situation where you had to request help or assistance on a project or assignment.
17. Tell of a time when you worked with a colleague who was not completing his or her share of the work. Who, if anyone, did you tell or talk to about it? Did the manager take any steps to correct your colleague? Did you agree or disagree with the manager's actions?
18. We can sometimes identify a small problem and fix it before it becomes a major problem. Give an example of how you have done this.
19. In a supervisory or group leader role, have you ever had to discipline or counsel an employee or group member? What was the nature of the discipline? What steps did you take? How did that make you feel? How did you prepare yourself?
20. Recall a time from your work experience when your manager or supervisor was unavailable and a problem arose. What was the nature of the problem? How did you handle that situation? How did that make you feel?
21. What was the most complex assignment you have had? What was your role?
22. Tell of some situations in which you have had to adjust quickly to changes over which you had no control. What was the impact of the change on you?
23. Describe a situation that required a number of things to be done at the same time. How did you handle it? What was the result?
24. Have you found any ways to make school or a job easier or more rewarding or to make yourself more effective?
25. Give an example of when you had to work with someone who was difficult to get along with. Why was this person difficult? How did you handle that person?
26. Describe a situation where you found yourself dealing with someone who didn't like you. How did you handle it?
27. Give me a specific example of something you did that helped build enthusiasm in others.
28. Tell me about a difficult situation when it was desirable for you to keep a positive attitude. What did you do?
29. Give me an example of a time you had to make an important decision. How did you make the decision? How does it affect you today?
30. Give me an example of a time you had to persuade other people to take action. Were you successful?
31. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person. How did you handle the situation?
32. Tell me about a time you had to handle multiple responsibilities. How did you organize the work you needed to do?
33. Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision, but didn't have all the information you needed.
34. Give me a specific example of a time when a co—worker or classmate criticized your work in front of others. How did you respond? How has that event shaped the way you communicate with others?
35. Describe a time when you got co-workers or classmates who dislike each other to work together. How did you accomplish this? What was the outcome?